Asking for help is HARD, but it can often be the first step to sanity. On that note, I’d like to add a couple of folks to my little team that love speculative fiction and can write a KILLER review. Is this you? It’s a thankless, unpaid job. Actually, not thankless. I’ll thank you profusely. But it is unpaid. However, you’ll probably get early access to books (of the digital variety, most of the time-so please keep that in mind.) If you’re still interested, check out my guidelines below and I’ll get in touch if I think you might be a good fit.
A few guidelines for potential reviewers:
- I’m looking for folks to review speculative fiction (take a look around, especially at my Must Reads posts, and you can get a great idea of the kind of stuff that gets my attention-I’m not reviewing self pubbed books at this time)
- You must be able to write a clear, concise review (in the 600 word range-or so), without spoilers. Keep in mind, MBW is my happy place. I do critical reviews for other publications, so this is my place to recommend books that I like or love. That said, no book is perfect (ok, there may be a few), so I’m ok with criticism, as long as, in the end, you LIKED the book and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to a friend.
- Are you willing to write at least 2 reviews a month? Yes? Perfect!
I think that’s pretty much all for now. If I get in touch, we can get more into the nitty gritty of things.
How to apply
Email me at mybookishways at yahoo dot com OR mybookishways at gmail dot com with the following:
- Genres that you’re willing to review (SF, Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Horror etc)
- Who are a few of your favorite authors?
- A few books YOU would recommend
- A sample of your review. Feel free to copy and paste into the email or send me Goodreads/Amazon links.
*Also, if you’re a mystery/suspense fans, I’m still looking for a couple of folks to review those too!