The American Library Association just announced award winners for many great awards, but of particular interest to me are the Alex Award, which goes to the 10 best adult books that appeal to a teen audience, and the Michael L. Printz Award, for excellence in literature written for young adults. I’m listing those winners here, but be sure to hint the link above to see all winners! Congrats to all of the winners!
Alex Award Winners
- “Brewster,” written by Mark Slouka and published by W. W. Norton & Company
- “The Death of Bees,” written by Lisa O’Donnell and published by Harper, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
- “Golden Boy: A Novel,” written by Abigail Tarttelin and published by ATRIA Books, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
- “Help for the Haunted,” written by John Searles and published by William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
- “Lexicon: A Novel,” written by Max Barry and published by The Penguin Group, Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
- “Lives of Tao,” written by Wesley Chu and published by Angry Robot, a member of the Osprey Group
- “Mother, Mother: A Novel,” written by Koren Zailckas and published by Crown Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc.
- “Relish,” written by Lucy Knisley and published by First Second, an imprint of Roaring Brook Press, a division of Holtzbrinck Publishing Holdings Limited Partnership
- “The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel,” written by Katja Millay and published by ATRIA Paperback, a division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
- “The Universe Versus Alex Woods,” written by Gavin Extence and published by Redhook Books, an imprint of Orbit, a division of Hachette Book Group, Inc.
Michael L. Printz Award Winners:
- “Midwinterblood,” written by Marcus Sedgwick, is the 2014 Printz Award winner. The book is published by Roaring Brook Press, an imprint of Macmillan Children’s Publishing Group.
Printz Honor Books:
- “Eleanor & Park,” written by Rainbow Rowell and published by St. Martin’s Griffin (Macmillan)
- “Kingdom of Little Wounds,” written by Susann Cokal and published by Candlewick Press
- “Maggot Moon,” written by Sally Gardner, illustrated by Julian Crouch and published by Candlewick Press
- “Navigating Early,” written by Clare Vanderpool and published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Random House Children’s Books, a division of Random House LLC, Penguin Random House Company.