I know, I know. I’m a little late in getting out my Best of 2013 List, but wanted to wait until I finished out the year, so here it is, finally. Since we focus on the positive here at MBW, I read a LOT of great stuff last year, and narrowing it down was nearly impossible, and might have broken my brain just a bit (also, my reading is kind of all over the place, genre-wise), so I kind of broke things up, hoping it would make things easier. It sort of did, sort of. So, without further ado…the books, and also a cover gallery to feast your eyes on!
What were your favorite books of 2013??
**Also, if you’d like to win one of these titles, check out the giveaway details below!
- The Darwin Elevator by Jason M. Hough
- Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason
- Generation V by ML Brennan
- The Lives of Tao by Wesley Chu
- Wolfhound Century by Peter Higgins
- Ecko Rising by Danie Ware
Best new series debuts (these authors aren’t new to 2013, yet they continue being awesome):
- Trickster by Jeff Somers
- Blood Oranges by Kathleen Tierney (Caitlin R. Kiernan)
- Between Two Thorns by Emma Newman
- The Burn Zone by James K. Decker
- Lexicon by Max Barry
- American Elsewhere by Robert Jackson Bennett
- The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes
- The Mad Scientist’s Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke (*correction-moved from YA category since it was brought to my attention that this was technically under the Angry Robot imprint and not under Strange Chemistry, as are Cassandra Rose Clarke’s other titles)
- The Explorer by James Smythe
Best Books in a series:
- Hunted (Iron Druid Chronicles) by Kevin Hearne
- Kinslayer (Lotus War) by Jay Kristoff
- Box Office Poison (Linnet Ellery) by Phillipa Bornikova
- The Big Reap (The Collector) by Chris F. Holm
- The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Joyland by Stephen King
- Donnybrook by Frank Bill
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl
- The Raven’s Gift by Don Reardon
- The Outcasts by Kathleen Kent
2.) Giveaway is for 1 book (winner’s choice) from my Best of 2013 list!
3.) Giveaway is open to US residents or those with a US address for mailing (no PO Boxes)
4.) You must enter on or before 1/21/14
5.) Please see my Giveaway Policy.