Posted on January 4, 2013 in Fantasy
, Sci Fi
, Urban Fantasy
with 0 Comments
Happy New Year, everyone! Here’s my roundup of book news (and other fun stuff) around the web for the week! Sometimes I add stuff throughout the day on Friday, so be sure you check back over the weekend too!
Interviews, articles, and more:
- The Ranting Dragon has your list of 50 fantasy and sci-fi novels to look forward to this year!
- Chris F. Holm, author of the Collector series, looks back on 2012
- io9 has 18 predictions for 2013 that come straight from sci-fi stories!
- John DeNardo of SF Signal is at Kirkus with upcoming Sci-Fi and Fantasy Best Bets!
- John Connolly’s Wrath of Angels was out this week, and my review is coming up, but in the meantime, I felt I needed to include Laura K. Curtis’s entry on her blog about how not to treat a stalker (turns out she’s just as big of a fan of John as I am!)
- On the same note, I interviewed John Connolly a while back, and thought I’d include that here as well (he’s quite funny, as well as being wildly talented!)
- Eric Beetner, author of Dig Two Graves, is at Terribleminds this week (Chuck Wendig’s blog)
- Claire Ashgrove, author of the Curse of the Templars series, is at SF Signal for a chat
- Crime Fiction Lover interviews Stuart Neville, author of Ratlines
- There’s a fun MIND MELD at SF Signal on “Books We Didn’t Love”
- I interviewed Scott Harrison, editor of Resurrection Engines, at SF Signal
- Pulp Curry (Andrew Nette) posted his long list of fave suspense/mystery novels of 2012
- Ellen Datlow is raising money for her brand new anthology FEARFUL SYMMETRIES on Kickstarter and there’s only 5 days left! Go forth, donate, and help bring forth stories by Joe Lansdale, Laird Barron, and many more!
Excerpts and such: