Here’s my roundup of bookish news from around the web for the week! Sometimes I add stuff throughout the day on Friday, so be sure you check back over the weekend too!
Interviews, articles, and more:
- I interviewed Jody Lynn Nye, author of Myth-Quoted at SF Signal!
- The Ranting Dragon gives you their list of the 20 best Speculative Fiction titles of 2012
- Author Jay Lake is suffering from cancer, and you can help. The fundraiser includes some rather amazing “rewards” from authors such as Neil Gaiman, Mary Robinette Kowal, Tobias Buckell, and many more!
- Cory Doctorow is at Locus talking about where characters come from.
- Galleycat talks about why most authors start out with novels
- You really need to check out Stellar Four’s Best of 2012 list!
- Chelsea of Vampire Book Club gives us her Top 10 Most Popular Reviews of 2012
- Are the glory days of Steampunk over? Paul Goat Allen examines the question at the B&N Blog!
- The Qwillery interviews MK Hume, author of Prophecy: Web of Deceipt
- The Guardian tells us that storytelling is back in fashion. What do you think?
- Over at Crime Fiction Lover, I rounded up some crime/suspense books-to-movies of 2012
- Jonathan Maberry is interviewed about his new story in Oz Reimagined, edited by John Joseph Adams
- I reviewed the awesome Money Shot by Christa Faust at Crime Fiction Lover
- Jocelynn Drake is giving away Angel’s Ink, Wait For Dusk, and Blood by Moonlight!
- The 2012 Philip K. Dick Award nominees have been announced!
Excerpts and such:
- Read an excerpt of THE SOUND OF BROKEN GLASS by Deborah Crombie
- Check out the FREE Best of Tor Sampler!
- You can read excerpts of A NATURAL HISTORY OF DRAGONS by Marie Brennan and THE RITHMATIST by Brandon Sanderson at Tor.com