The ceremonies for the 2012 Hugo Awards were this last weekend and there were lots of great winners!
Here’s the rundown:
- Best Novel: Among Others, Jo Walton (Tor)
- Best Novella: “The Man Who Bridged the Mist”, Kij Johnson (Asimov’s)
- Best Novelette: “Six Months, Three Days”, Charlie Jane Anders (Tor.com)
- Best Short Story: “The Paper Menagerie”, Ken Liu (The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction)
- Best Related Work: The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction,Third Edition edited by John Clute, David Langford, Peter Nicholls, and Graham Sleight (Gollancz)
- Best Graphic Story: Digger by Ursula Vernon (Sofawolf Press)
- Best Dramatic Presentation (Long Form): Game of Thrones (Season 1) (HBO)
- Best Dramatic Presentation (Short Form): “The Doctor’s Wife” (Doctor Who) (BBC Wales)
- Best Editor (Short Form): Sheila Williams
- Best Editor (Long Form): Betsy Wollheim
- Best Professional Artist: John Picacio
- Best SemiPro Zine: Locus, edited by Liza Groen Trombi, Kirsten Gong-Wong, et al.
- Best Fanzine: SF Signal, edited by John DeNardo
- Best Fan Writer: Jim C. Hines
- Best Fan Artist: Maurine Starkey
- Best Fancast: SF Squeecast, Lynne M. Thomas, Seanan McGuire, Paul Cornell, Elizabeth Bear, and Catherynne M. Valente
The John W. Campbell Award for the best new professional science fiction or fantasy writer of 2010 or 2011, sponsored by Dell Magazines: E. Lily Yu
**In other (related) news, today I got a very warm welcome to the SF Signal team by its editor, John DeNardo and I’m so proud to be a part of this wonderful site and didja see? They won the Hugo for Best Fanzine!!
* My review for Clean by Alex Hughes went live today at SF Signal, and you can check that out here!