Here’s my roundup of book news (and other fun stuff) around the web for the week!
Interviews and more:
- SF Signal interviews Mike Resnick
- I reviewed FALSE NEGATIVE by Joseph Koenig at Crime Fiction Lover
- Matt Stags talks about Zombies in love at Suvudu
- Tor offers some little known facts about The Princess Bride on its 25th anniversary.
- Crime Fiction Lover interviewed crime author Michael Robatham
- America’s Next Author Writing Contest is looking for submissions!
- Carolrhoda books is accepting unagented manuscripts from Oct. 1st through Oct.31st
Excerpts and such:
- There’s an exerpt of Crewel by Gennifer Albin at Tor.com and read her short story The Department of Alterations.
- I reviewed Harry Bingham’s Talking to the Dead this week, and you can read an excerpt here.
- Tor.com is doing a reread of Neil Gaiman’s American Gods.
- You can read the first chapter of Gini Koch’s brand new book, Night Beat, on her website.
- You can read an exclusive excerpt of Happy Hour in Hell, the sequel to Tad Williams’s The Dirty Streets of Heaven at Grasping for the Wind
- You can read an excerpt of Your House is On Fire, Your Children All Gone, by Stefan Kiesbye
- Here are 7 famous author’s homes that you can visit(via NBC News)
- 10 famous authors who dropped out of school (via Flavorpill)
- View the trailer for David Wong’s This Book is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don’t Open It
- 10 of the creepiest ghosts in literature (via Flavorpill)
Any news you’d like to add? Let me know in the comments, and have a great weekend!