I’ve got all kinds of coolness to report for the week in the world of books and bookish things! Be sure to check out some really neat giveaways at the bottom of the post, too!
Articles, excerpts, announcements, etc:
- Kevin Hearne has announced that he’ll be contributing to a new anthology coming out in August 2013 from Pocket Books called Carniepunk, including authors such as Rachel Caine, Jaye Wells, Seanan McGuire, Allison Pang, Mark Henry, and more. Seriously, it’s a lineup of some of the best names in urban fantasy today, and, again, it’s called Carniepunk, so I’m totally there.
- Chelsea at Vampire Book Club talks about her Vampire World Building Faves.
- Ari Marmell is on the SF Signal Podcast this week!
- Crime Fiction Lover continues Classics in September with a revisit of George Harmon Coxe’s Deadly Image
- Philippa Bornikova, author This Case is Gonna Kill Me, is over at Tor.com with a post about blood sucking lawyers (for real.)
- There’s a chat between Cory Doctorow and Charles Stross at the Tor/Forge blog, and yes, it’s just as awesome as you already think it is.
- Robin Maxwell, author of Jane: The Woman Who Loved Tarzan, goes “Jane” crazy, with delightful results!
- It’s a Lovecraft Halloween at Quirk Books with Tales From Lovecraft Middle School: Professor Gargoyle
- Faith Hunter’s Jane Yellowrock interviews the hero of Alex Hughes’s CLEAN
- Also on the Tor blog is a stunning visual history of Hugo winning art.
- NPR gives us the list of their 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels. Be prepared to add lots to your wishlists with this one, guys.
- I reviewed Shift by Kim Curran over at SF Signal (reluctant reader alert!!)
- Tor.com gives us “Nell”, a short story based on “The Little Match Girl” by Karen Hesse
- Head over to read the short list for the Man Booker Prize (lots of intriguing titles on this list!)
- Stephen Blackmoore’s new novel, DEAD THINGS, will be out in February (can’t wait!!) and you may read about the book HERE. Feel free to check out my review of Stephen’s first novel, City of the Lost, if you have any questions about his awesomeness.
- Richard E. Gropp, author of BAD GLASS (winner of SUVUDU’s writing contest), is over at SUVUDU today with a Dear Reader letter
- ATTENTION WRITERS: Harper Voyager will be accepting unsolicited submissionsfrom Oct. 1st-Oct. 14th, 2012 , so polish off your pen, or your keyboard, and get crackin’!
- Good news for mystery lovers: Timothy Hallinan has inked a new deal with Soho Press, and you can check out those details here.
- Also, Strange Chemistry has just signed Bryony Pearce, and her novel, The Weight of Souls will be out in Autumn 2013!
More neat stuff (giveaways, hint hint):
Have a great weekend!