It’s a Paranormal Valentine’s Day on MBW, and I’m so thrilled to have a guest post by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe detailing the Top 10 Things You Should NOT Do When Dating an Immortal, which goes right along with Gena and Jill’s brand new release “Dating the Undead: Loving the Immortal Man”. So, check out the list, then be sure to check out the giveaway at the bottom of the post!
Happy Valentine’s Day, gang!
Dating an immortal is definitely an adjustment. Thankfully, we’ve compiled a “top ten” list of things NOT to do when dating an immortal:
1. Desperation is not attractive – don’t draw your own blood to lure in your Vampire.
2. Maintain boundaries – especially with Werewolves (as they run in packs), make time for your friends separately. Invading his pack with your posse is not sound protocol for dating success.
3. Keep your hands to yourself – don’t try and make the first move with Dragons. They consider touching – including a handshake – to be a privilege. Wait for permission before leaping into a public display of affection.
4. Be sensitive – Zombies tend to be easier going than other immortal groups, but they’re sensitive when it comes to their flaws. Keep your criticism constructive . . . or avoid it all together.
5. Guard your heart – Don’t expect commitment from a Demon. It’s not their style. If you’re looking for undead monogamy, try your luck with Vampires or Angels.
6. Slow and steady wins the race – When dating an Angel, show your love for his virtues. Make him feel comfortable and then ease him into the sensual side of your relationship.
7. Pick your battles – Dragons are known for having quite the temper. To avoid a bad burn, try providing balance to your mate, instead of fuel to the fire.
8. Avoid the Age Game – The undead may be immortal, but that doesn’t mean they are immune to ageism. Avoid hurtful slang like “hatchling” and “vampling” when referring to your immortal.
9. Position of Power – If you’re a power-player interested in dating an angel, let them take control. It’s a well-known fact that Angels can’t resist a damsel in distress.
10. Fashion Forward – Turtlenecks are a bit dated, and if you want to date a Vampire, it’s certainly not the way to go. Plan an outfit that shows a little skin – like something off the shoulder – he won’t be able to resist.
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Paranormal Romance, Contemporary Romance, and Young Adult novels from a multitude of publishers. She has appeared in Cosmo and Seventeen magazines, on MTV, and has also been featured on many regional and national news programs. Visit Gena at her website!
Jill Monroe is an award winning author of 10 novels. She lives in Oklahoma with her husband and children. When not writing, Jill spends her days thinking of ways to avoid cleaning, and finding the recipe that will please everyone in the family. Visit Jill at her website!
About Dating the Undead:
They’re Drop-Dead Handsome—and We’re Not Kidding!
Welcome to the first and only magazine devoted to loving the immortal man in all of his furry, feathery, fiery glory. As always, this month’s issue is a forbidden-fruit salad of features, fiction, fashion, and more, including:
• Blood Stains on His Collar, Doritos in His Bed: Is Your Immortal Just a Little Bit…Immoral?
• A Kiss is Not Just a Kiss: Immortals We Crave Divulge Their Lip-smacking Turn-ons
• Off the Set with the Real Vampires of Vegas: Your Favorite AfterLifetime TV Vamps Let Their Hair Down
• Killer Cocktails to Slay Your Dragon, Slake Your Vampire, or Singe Your Angel
Plus your favorite columns and departments:
• Ask Gabrielle: Angelic Etiquette for Modern Gals and Ghouls
• A View from a Guy: Zombie Jack’s Turn
• Undead and Well-Read: What’s Hot Between the Covers This Month
• Angel in the Kitchen: Heavenly Dishes That Don’t Take an Eternity to Prepare
There’s even a page-turning, strange-but-true paranormal romance that’ll keep you up all day!
Don’t get caught UNDEAD without it!
1. You MUST fill out the form below (lots of chances for extra entries!)
2. Giveaway is for 1 copy of Dating the Undead by Gena Showalter and Jill Monroe to 1 winner.
3. Giveaway is open to US/Canadian addresses only
4. Must include a valid email address
5. You must enter on or before 2/21/12
6. Please see my Giveaway Policy.
7. Book kindly provided by Harlequin.