Here’s how it works:
First, you get nominated.
Then, you pass it on to 5 more awesome
victims, er bloggers!
In Gini’s words, this award is only given to the “wily, the brave, and the cheeky”, because battling ‘gators is “not for sissies or wimps-only the strong survive-so choose wisely!”
Here are the rules direct from Gini’s website:
Your mission details (if you choose to accept it):
- Slap the graphic on your blog post.
- Give link props to the person who gave you the award (don’t rile a ‘gator fighter — it’s dangerous).
- Spread the awesome and nominate five (5) other bloggers who you think will be worth their weight in a ‘gator battle.
- Let the recipients know they’ve won this honor on their blogs.
- Last but not least, shoot Gini Koch an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know you’re worthy of running with the A-C’s (put “Worth My Weight” in the subject line!) by sharing that you’ve been nominated and telling her which other bloggers you nominated, and she’ll enter you into the “Worth Your Weight” Contest. Keep reading to find out more details and what the loot is below.
Of course, you can choose to ignore your awesomeness, but then you’ll never have a chance to nab your own A-C or win the loot. And you know you want both.
Contest runs from Wednesday, February 1, 2011 through Monday, February 28, 2011.
Are you worth your weight in a Gator Battle?
Let’s hope you are, because we’ve got a Battle Royale going on right now to see which blogger is the one who can best the ‘gators (and, at least per them, the true stars) from “Alien Tango” — Alliflash and Gigantagator.
Why do you want to win? Well, we’ll give you not one, not two, but FOUR good reasons!
That’s right. Whoever wins the ‘Gator Battle Royale will win a signed and personalized copy of “Touched by an Alien”, “Love and Rockets”, “Boondocks Fantasy”, AND “Alien Tango.” Yes, really, four books.
But wait, there’s more!
The ‘Gator Battle Royale winner will ALSO receive a signed ARC of “Alien in the Family”. That’s right, it’s really FIVE books!
How can you pass this battle up? That’s right — you can’t! So…get ready to RUMBLE!
But what about those who fight mightily, but don’t win it all?
Glad you asked! There will be four consolation prizes!
- Consolation Prize 1: Touched by an Alien tote bag and pen
- Consolation Prize 2: Alien Tango tote bag and pen
- Consolation Prize 3: Alien in the Family tote bag and pen
- Consolation Prize 4: Alien Collective tote bag and pen
Contest runs from Wednesday, February 1, 2011 through Monday, February 28, 2011. Winners will be announced by the week of Monday, March 7, 2011. Prizes may take 4-6 weeks to arrive; longer for international winners.
Rules, Gotchas, Legalese
- You must have been given the honor of being nominated as being Worth Your Weight in a ‘Gator Battle, either directly by Gini Koch or by another blogger
- You must have the ‘Gator Battle graphic posted on your blog
- You must have passed the honor along to five (5) other bloggers
- You must have notified Gini Koch via email (email@example.com) by March 1, 2011, that you were both nominated and have passed along the Worth Your Weight honors; put “Worth My Weight” in the subject line, list who nominated you, and list the blogs you nominated in turn
- All entries will be verified — if you don’t have the graphic on your blog, you’ll be disqualified
- Contest is open to anyone with any kind of blog, worldwide; yes, prizes will be shipped to international winners
- Contest runs from February 1, 2011 through February 28, 2011. Last day to advise you’re entered is March 1, 2011
- Winners will be announced no later than the week of March 7, 2011
- Prizes can take 4-6 weeks to arrive; longer for international winners